This is the first song Jared being thought when he started playing violin on Oct 09.
He was first taught to memorise the notes then picicato..so instead of singing twinkle, he would everyday sing DDAABBA etc....But progress was way too slow. He could not play with string..till Prof Thanh gave up..and decided to teach him something more simple..like the 4 string basic.( short , short, long long etc, no more songs to learn) Prof Thanh even shake his head and said another kid at 3 yr old started later than Jared already progressed to next song, Happy birthday within 2mths of learning..and Jared still so slow...
That time,the only reason we continued the violin lesson was coz I already paid for 3 mth advance school fees ..else I would have stop immediately...
So he never get to play twinkle to Prof Thanh..and we hardly practise at hm, occasionally he will try to play it but it sounded really bad...
And 1 fine day..23Jun, 8 mths after he learnt violin..3 days after taking rest for his and my turn of stomach flu..today he picked up the violin again..and offered to play most of the songs he has learnt..and all of them are with minimal mistake including doremifa, baba blacksheep, what you doing, and little einstein..Amazing!
All these while he has been playing badly, he would pull the bow on 2 string and make the music very bad for our ears...heh.
Starting last wk, he could play much better while looking at score sheet..ie Play while looking without pausing and read, and think whats next score, and pull till fingerboard
He can read and pull straight, non stop, no thinking ......really well...That's so amazing too...I mean w/o daddy leh, its my effort!..hehe..
When daddy around, he pull babablacksheep..aiyo until I don't know what song, pull 1 stop 5s to think and read...
This is him playing twinkle..he has forgoten how to play GGFFEED (got to ask daddy over computer, cos I've absolutely no idea how to press the string,..But I lent him my sharp ears, and fingers to point on notes occasionally...heh)...with 1 mistake in between..Kaylen keep kacau, asking me to shoot her instead..heh.
I hope this good performance will continues...
p/s He did a very bad thing on last weekend's ensemble..he refused to play during lesson, so just rest position throughout..and I almost had to dig a hole to hide my head, cos he was standing right in front and while ppl play, he looked stupid..haiz..After that he did feel guilty and offer to play to me when we reached home..and I wonder when he will be able to play during ensemble.
No comments:
Post a Comment