Pages

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Jared's writing for P4-Unfortunate Incident

After 10 months in GEP, I think it is good as it is his own work, this piece is worth 33/40 for Draft 1. The top kids in the class can really write very well, but I can see Jared did improve a lot compare to last year. However, the work is not consistent..I just hope he will keep on striving for better work.  

Boom! Thunder rumbling woke me up with a start. Groaning, I realised it was the day of my exams. Rain was already pouring down quickly and there was no other way to get to school other than riding my bicycle. Which, of course, meant I would get drenched. I quickly packed my bag and got ready for school. However, the rain was still pouring. I tapped my feed worriedly, hoping fervently that the rain would stop soon.
After fifteen minutes, the rain finally slowed to a drizzle, then stopped. I quickly hopped onto my bicycle and pushed the pedals as hard as I could, even though the road was  very slippery. I was going to be late! Sweat poured down my neck and adrenaline rushed through my veins. The bike seemed to be getting slower and slower as I was getting more and more exhausted. I caught a glimpse of my watch. It was 6:50am. Ten more minutes before assembly, and I still had a long way to go. Will I miss the test? Just when I thought things would never get worse, they did.
I came back to concentrating on my riding and saw a large rock right in the middle of the road all of a sudden. Oh no! I slammed on the brakes as hard as I could. Then, the inevitable came. It was too late to stop. The bicycle wheels crashed head-on into the rock. The handles were wrenched from my hands and the bicycle swerved sharply to one side. The wheel lodged in a drain gutter so suddenly that I was thrown off the bicycle, which nearly flipped. My textbooks and worksheets flapped onto the floor, which was still wet from the rain. My watch had also been smashed on the edge of the gutter. Hitting the ground with a dull thud, pain shot like an arrow through my scraped legs and I gritted my teeth. I slowly extracted my handkerchief to stem the blood flow, wincing in pain at the sight of the scar. Then, I put all my learning materials into my bag, hoping there were not too wet.
I stared at the bicycle. Surely I could not get to school with a bicycle that tyres had been punctured, twisted handle bars and a hanging seat. The bicycle would probably crash again due to the lack of grip. After some thought, I knew I had no other choice. I limped over to the bicycle and started tugging it, making my slow and painful way to the school.
By the time I had reached school, assembly was over. When I stepped into class, all heads turned towards me. The scratching of pencils also stopped. The teacher, Mrs. Lee, rushed over and queried worriedly, “What happened? Daryl, are you okay?” I related the whole incident to her and apologised to her for being late. Luckily she showed sympathy and took me to the sick bay to wash my wounds. She even rearranged the exam to the next day. I thanked her profusely for her kindness. Mrs. Lee flashed me a smile, then left the room to inform my parents.
I would never forget this unfortunate incident. The teacher’s sympathy would always be in my heart, and I would reproduce her kindness, as a little kindness goes a long way.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...