Pages

Monday, September 20, 2010

Jared @ 4yr 10mth old

What's he up to now?

I remembered when he was 3 yr+ to 4 yr old, every month I'll be busy updating Kaylen's development..but I basically has got nothing to update on Jared...as we were too busy with the new born,..and Jared was doing nothing fantastic..

But right now, I just want to say..I am just so proud of Jared's development..though may not be superior compared to other kids..but he is definitely making lots of improvement.

1) Jumbo book
We have completed K1 Jumbo book and now we are working on K2 (English, math, science) book...Bravo to my boy..but we didn't complete the whole of K1 lah..especially those that he need to come out with sentence or own words.

He did very well in K2 book for reading comprehention, grammar and the maths..
Things to improve on is definitely spelling , and creative writing..
Take a look at the passage...he could read most of it without help, and answer the question
Words that he needed help: Passage , stairs
Its amazing for a hyper active 4yr old going to 5 able to do this in my opinion...well, at least compared to us last time M'sia standard..hehe..
I also got him the chinese K2 jumbo book, mum is working with him on it..but he has problem recognising chinese word without hanyu pinyin..













2) Peter & Jane 7A
We are at about middle of book. Looks like my goal to finish him all the way to level 12 before he turn 5 definitely not going to come through..But never mind..Lets try to finish till 9b...maybe he don't need to go further liao..cos I noticed he is now very good with reading even at this age..







3) Some others books
He read all these books to me..gosh again I'm so proud..be it the bedtime stories..or Mc queen story..(1 page)










4) Flash card reading & Spelling
Stack 1: 45 cards
These are the cards he could spell now..

Stack 2: 100 Keywords
When I received and started using these flashcard back in March’10, it was pretty too easy to flash it to him…as P&J is repeating these words again and again..I got a little heartache, but an1 wei4 myself that I still have Kaylen to flash to..hehe..
But now these cards came in handy …cos I’m working to make Jared spell all the words in it..cos these are the basic.

Stack 1+2+3
He could read 99% of the cards..only miss 1-3 cards sometimes..But we very scared if he asked to do cards reading..that means the whole floor will be full with cards…We started with 5 cards reading per day since Jan’10…and after a while he could read 50 of them…by the time he could read about 150 cards, together with peter & jane…the rest of 100 cards do not need me to go through one by one…He already knew how to read by himself..

I’m really hopping that’s how spelling will work out for him…though he still do it by memorizing..one fine day he will realize how to decode these words..





5) Violin


He just did his first public performance at home 19Sept 2010, Sun!..3 songs( twinkle, parsnip polka, little einstein) .to su4 su4(Uncle Kee Hung), uncle james, gu nei, teoh gong, the grands, aunty irene, me...*daddy hiding in room, scared pai seh eh* hehe
Though that's a home performance..I'm glad that he managed to perform quite confidently ..with minimal mistake..and if you know him, he is a scaredy cat..so doing things like that is really difficult..when everything ended..he came to hug me and say I love you mummy..
Boy, I'm so proud of you...and I hope you will continue to practise harder..and do well.




*too bad I didn't record down..cos pai seh mah, but his uncle Kee Hung did do a recording and guess what Jared commented?




su4 su4, no taking picture..you must videod it!




talked just like an adult! hehe.



6) EQ
He need to work on behaviour issue...
biting ppl..talk loudly, fighting with mei mei, disturbing meimei...so many more..



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...