-> For the 1st day ever since I got back to work in 1 Nov 08, I did not bring along my favourite gadget- the pump!
-> I've decided to stop pumping in the office..and slowly reduce the latching at night and early morning, and completely stop bf.
-> Feeling sad to let go..but just don't have much milk ..haiz.
-> Anyway, This time round was so much more successful than Jared time, since I never leave her behind( I went to US for hol when jared was 9mth old)..though max yield during jared time was much more, average lunch pump 8.5oz, max 10oz, tea break pump 5-6oz. Kaylen time average lunch pump 6oz, tea break pump 4.5oz.
Anyway, this is the secret recipe I've been using to increase my milk..it work so well..and hv been sharing it with ppl in the office, and they said it work well too.
First of all, I think the twiddling should replicate sensation of baby suckling, since that is the main difference btw funnel and baby. While the baby encase the nipple with his tongue and palate, we consciously avoid contact of the funnel with our nipples (imagine the friction and the pain!). This is what I did wrong at first, I thought twiddling means using the thumb and fingers on top and below the nipple to twiddle. That didnt work for me at all. What I discover is that you should use your palms facing your chest and gently tap the tips of the nipples in circular manner(this is impt for me to get the letdown sensation).
So here are my steps:-
- Pump as per normal
- After first letdown and flow stops or trickles, stop pumping
- massage breast and then twiddle the nipples at least 10-15 times
- Pump again == > instant letdown
- Can repeat for more letdowns"
For me, my 1st letdown is very slow & not sure whether it will come or not so after pumping for 15mins, I will do the twiddling method. I will gentle-ly tap my nipple with both my palms in circular manner & tap about 70times each. Almost instantly or few seconds later the letdown will come! Try it!
No comments:
Post a Comment